The process of finding a good mover can be a daunting task. Everything in life is a process. Each process is unique and distinct from the other. No matter how small the issue may be, it has a process to be followed. The same is applicable to moving to that dream city or home you have cherish for a long time. Meeting the “wrong movers” can be frustrating, not forgetting the loss or damage of those precious and expensive equipment, gadgets or art portraits that you love so much.
Scared? You need not to be. At the end of this article, you will be able to differentiate between a reliable and an unreliable mover. Let’s go through the simple steps:
- Make a list of movers or get a recommendation
There is a level of confidence you get when you do things by yourself. The same is applicable when it comes to finding a reliable mover. An easier way is getting recommendation through real estate agents in your vicinity or asking friends and family members who may have moved recently. You should have at least two movers. You can also search online.
- Do your own research
The second step after gathering the list of movers is to do your own research. Experience counts when it comes to business, because it can show their ability to deliver and solve unforeseen circumstances. This stage is very important and you need to be careful about it. Researching about moving companies may seem tedious and time consuming especially if you are the busy type, but it is worth the stress. Some of the things to check are
- Is the mover company licensed?
- Is the company insured?
- Check ratings and reviews. In this world of internet andsocial media, it is easy to find user reviews on, sites such as Trust link, Yelp and
- Check if the mover hasany award or accolades for service. A great reputation can save you time and money.
- Get estimates
The next step is to call for the mover for an in-home estimate once you are done with the research. Another way to confirm your information gathered is to ask the estimator about the company and see if it tallies with your findings. You need to find out from the company if it will be a binding estimate or a binding-not-to-exceed estimate. With these you can know what you will pay for your move. Estimate between interstate moves are based on the weight and distance of the items to be moved. You need to show the estimator all you need to move. Two things to do;
- Gatherestimates in a good colored box or folder.
- Review your estimate
- Compare estimates
For those who have done in house estimate with different movers, you compare the bids. It is a common practice among clients to look for cheap movers. Your focus should be on quality.
- Go for the best
Check out the contenders among your list of estimators and make your choice. You should have developed a sense of confidence after going through all these steps. A date can be agreed upon now.
- Common Home Moving Issues: How to Deal with Problems
- Things to Take Care of Before You Move Into Your New Home
- How to Prepare after You Hire Cheap Movers in Chicago for Relocation
- Find Dependable and Cheap Apartment Movers in Houston, TX
- How to Find Cheap Movers in NYC to Help You Relocate to the West Coast